In between the Cambrian Mountains and Cardigan Bay. Our Vegetarian/Vegan Bed & Breakfast accommodation in West Wales is located in the peaceful village of Llanafan,10 miles/16kms. south east of the university seaside town of Aberystwyth.
Vegetarian Penrhiw is a small 19th century Welsh farmhouse perched hillside on the edge of the village; it looks down the Ystwyth Valley to the hills and forests beyond.
Visitors to our vegetarian/vegan accommodation in West Wales will be provided with hearty and healthy meat-free breakfasts in the most friendly and comfortable of surroundings. Everyone is welcome - even carnivores.The best b & b in West Wales !
THINGS TO DO:
- Guided Walks/Cycles - short or long day outings to suit all abilities
- Aberystwyth - Beaches, harbour/pier, castle, Victorian Museum, cliff railway, veggie eats
- Devil's Bridge Waterfalls - spectacular falls in a steep gorge
- Hafod Hotel - classic Victorian hotel with impressive views + eats
- RSPB Nature Reserve - as seen on BBC Springwatch
- Hinterland Country - BBC 4 thriller....Llanafan featured in one episode!
- National Trust - Hafod Estate and Elan Valley - signposted walks and trails for all ages
- Nant Y Arian Red Kite Centre - 2.00 pm feed. Spectacular setting. Children's play area and cafe
- Dolphin spotting at Newquay - swimming, kayaking, surfing, fishing
- National Trust - Llanerchaeron House and tea garden
- Cader Idris - a magnificent mountain walk
- Rheidol Steam Railway - to Devil’s Bridge from Aberystwyth
- Aberaeron - pretty colourful seaside - harbour, cafe's and best chippy in Ceredigion !
The owner of Vegetarian Bed & Breakfast, Penrhiw, is an experienced cyclist, back packer and trail walker. He can suggest activities for all levels of experience, age and fitness; from the mountains to the sea.
He can also be booked as your local guide. Cader Idris in the Snowdonia National Park being his favourite. Probably the finest mountain in Wales, a spectacular day out for fit adventurers!